Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sad News Out of Hollywood!!! DAMN!!!

Well, I was just talking about this to a friend of mine on Sunday. Little did I know how soon it would come true. The "Ivory Queen of Soul" was found dead in her home in Pasadena on Sunday. That's fight folks, Teena Marie is gone! She was just 54yrs old and had released her latest cd just a few months ago, called Congo Square. Teena Marie was a tiny woman with a powerful voice. I was lucky enough to see her in concert back in the late 80s at the Paramount Theater in Oakland. Man oh Man, that was a really AWESOME show! She didn't sing her songs, she SANG her songs! Damn! I'm really broke up over this one. I've been listening to an oldie station lately and I've heard some of her songs. I'm going to have to look for greatest hits cd so that I can add some of her music to my mp3 player. Rest in Peace Teena Marie and tell Rick James I said "Yo, brother!".

No comments:

Post a Comment