Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2016

E. Coli Outbreak is Over at Chipotle According to Upcoming WSJ Article!


A Chipotle logo is seen on a store entrance in Manhattan, New York


The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is declaring that the CDC states that the E. Coli outbreak of 2015 is over at Chipotle restaurants after a thorough investigation. What? Excuse me. But your "thorough" investigation did NOT discover what particular ingredient was causing it! So how can it be over with? You FIRST must discover WHAT was causing it! Damnit!!! So the CDC must have gone temporarily bat shit cray cray!!! hahahaha As I have said in my past postings. I love Chipotle, but I will NEVER eat there again. I cant risk it. If I get E. Coli infection, it's going to kill me. A few years ago, my friend A.K. got salmonella from some contaminated chicken and it put him in the hospital for 3 weeks and then he was in and out of the hospital for the next year and then he died. We had been out shopping and we didn't pick up any food b4 we went back to his townhouse and so we were starving but too tired to go out again. I really wish we had ordered a pizza. Anyway, so we raided the fridge and there was half of a roasted chicken in there and oven roasted veggies. So we nuked it and we were standing there at the counter with 2 forks going at like ravenous dogs. hahahaha I was a lot younger than now and in near perfect health. So the salmonella just ran right through me. I don't even think I got the runs or anything from it. But poor AK started having fevers and just not feeling well at all. And so about a week or so later he was rushed to he hospital. Sigh. Anyway...so sad.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most people infected with E. coli develop symptoms three to four days after contact with the germ. E. coli infections are spread by oral contact with fecal matter and can cause serious symptoms and even be life-threatening.
Chipotle's executives have been reassuring customers and investors that steps are being taken to tighten food safety at the popular burrito chain and that they would prevent future food poisoning outbreaks.
Chipotle is expecting to woo back customers with stepped-up advertising and direct outreach to its most loyal customers. Not even free food will get me to eat there again. Sorry. Just can't risk it. The ONLY way I will go to Chipotle again is IF they find out what was causing the contamination? You can't blame it on an employee, so it HAS to be one of their vendors. One of the vendors was selling contaminated produce to Chipotle. And Chipotle was distributing it to several of their individual restaurants.How hard can it be to find out what was contaminated? Go take samples and test every thing! DUH!!! Sigh. C'est la vie. Stick a fork in me I'm done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment