Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Barefoot Contessa Celebrity Chef Ina Garten Settles Lawsuit Against Company That Created Contessa Chef Inspired Frozen Foods

It's been less than 4 weeks since Celebrity Chef Ina Garten also known as the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network, filed her lawsuit against OFI Imports Inc, which created and sold "Contessa Chef Inspired" frozen foods. Wow! is that really blatant or what? I am so glad that I saw this article because I would have been confused if I saw that in my frozen food section and would have thought that it was from Ina Garten. I know she has a frozen food line, but I didn't know the name of it. According to the article hers is called "Barefoot Contessa". Anyway, the settlement is that OFI has agreed to stop making their "Contessa Chef Inspired" foods and to destroy all of the product they have on hand. I think they should have to pay Ina at least 50% of the profits that they have made to date too. I don't think this settlement went far enough. But if Ina is happy, then I am happy for her. hahahaha I love her show and watch it often. She throws the most delicious looking parties. No one can arrange a party platter like Ina can. She just did one on  yesterday's show that was for a brunch. Sliced pineapples, honey dew melon, bunches of grapes, fresh blueberries, sliced kiwis, sliced apples, strawberries and lemon leaves. I wanted to jump through the TV and grab that platter. I love fresh fruit. I sure hope my 99 cents store gets in some more of those giant kiwis. They were so delicious! Anyway, congratulations Ina on winning a settlement in your favor. You keep cooking and I'll keep watching. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment