Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Absolutely LOVE the Sophomore cd "I Remember Me" by Jennifer Hudson

Amazing! Breathtaking! Sensational and Fabulous! Are just a few adjectives that I can use to describe the latest cd by Jennifer Hudson. Clearly her voice has matured and she has much better control of her vocal talent. I would say this album was well worth the wait. The first single off of this album is "Where You At". It is an anthem for those women who have a no good bf who doesn't work and stays out at all hours of the day and night while she waits at home for him. It was penned by R. Kelly, who himself has a questionable reputation. After having been arrested twice for having sex with a minor among other charges. I'll give him this though, he sure can write amazing songs. Some of my other favorite tunes on this cd are the title track, "I Remember Me", "No One Gonna Love You", "Everybody Needs Love", "Still Here" and "Believe". "Believe" is a gospel song and it is the last track on the album. I think Jennifer is taking a cue from other Divas like Jennifer Hudson who used to put one gospel track, as the last track on all of her albums. "Believe" is awesome! On this track, she sings with such conviction and control, gone are the days of her over singing and wild abandon. I really love this song. It reminds me of a gospel singer that used to sing lead on almost every song at the church in Oakland where my family and I were members for many years. Her name was Warnell, I dont recall her last name, but she had a very good voice, also. Anyway, Jennifer, you've done an awesome job on this cd. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment