Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Silicon Valley Hotel Has Robot Working as Bellhop....Yawn!

Ok, I am sorry but I just watched a video of this robot and I was not impressed. A hotel chain in Silicon Valley has unveiled Botlr, the world’s first robot butler, which will work as a bellhop shuttling items between the hotel lobby and guests’ rooms. The hotel has named the robot "Alo". My issue is that this "robot" looks like a 3 foot tall tree stump, painted white and  wearing a bow tie. When I think of a robot, I think of the tall man size robot from the Lost in Space tv series of the 1960s and 70s. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!" LOL Oh! And that reminds me of another flaw. This Botlr cannot speak, it only beeps at you kind of like Rosie from the Jetson's cartoon. LOL So just on looks alone, I am not happy. Then this Alo only has a very small compartment in the top of it's stump like body that can carry maybe pack of cigarettes or an envelope. If this "Botlr" is a butler or a bellhop, shouldn't it be able to carry a suitcase? or a tray of drinks? I think the Savioke company should rethink this fake ass "robot" and attach a locking cart to it or better yet just completely redesign the body of the Botlr to look like a person from the waist up and then from the waist down maybe have a 3 ft by 3 ft caboose with a locking top that can actually carry objects of size....like a suitcase or a tray of food. A robot that can only carry objects the size of an envelope or smaller is almost COMPLETELY USELESS!!!! Since if I'm staying in  a hotel, I am not going to be receiving mail there. DUH!!!! (rolls eyes!!!) hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment