Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2016

Style Maven and Bravo Reality Star Daisy Lewellyn, Dead at 36 Yrs!!!





Awww, it is with a heavy heart that I announce that Style Maven and Bravo Reality star, Daisy Lewellyn passed away from complications from bile cancer, she was just 36 yrs old. Daisy was a vivacious and sunny woman who always had a kind word for her fellowman/woman. She was a joy to watch on Bravo's Blood Sweat and Heels.

In the series’ second season premiere that aired in March 2015, Lewellyn spoke movingly about her diagnosis of bile duct cancer. Lewellyn was a former magazine editor, including a 2006-07 stint as accessories editor at Essence magazine. The magazine’s website posted news of her death today, calling Lewellyn “sunny and warm, a breath of fresh air in springtime.”
“You could not help but be swept away by her vivacious personality,” Essence editor-in-chief Vanessa De Luca wrote, adding that “she was always stunning, yet so down to earth and quick with a laugh.”
In addition to Essence, Lewellyn worked at InStyle and Glamour magazines prior to joining the Bravo fashion series. After disclosing her cancer diagnosis last year, Lewellyn said she was not afraid to die.
“It wasn’t like I wanted to die, and it wasn’t like I didn’t want to live,” she said in an interview with the Madame Noire website, “because I absolutely love my life, and I’ve always loved my life — but they told me it was stage three cancer. I was like, ‘Well, if it’s my time to go, I’m OK with it.’”
Lewellyn authored “Never Pay Retail Again: Shop Smart, Spend Less, & Look Your Best Ever” in 2010.
Rest in peace Daisy. I will surely miss your bright and sunny smile on the next season of Blood Sweat and Heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment