Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Producers of the View Have Been Blasted for Racist and Sexist Comments About Rosie Perez!!

Okay, I don't agree with these charges, but I am just the messenger, right? Anyway, a group calling itself #YoSoyRosie have blasted the producers of the View claiming that the comments made in the Variety article were racist and sexist against Rosie. Now, someone unnamed source told the Variety reporter that Rosie "couldn't read the teleprompter" and that she was not the sharpest tool in the box. I felt that the teleprompter comment was because Rosie is an older woman and she needs reading glasses. Hell, I'm a middle aged guy and I need reading glasses or bifocals to read now too. Big whoop! Now I don't recall the sharpest tool comment, but ok that one is kind of rude. The #YoSoyRosie group is going overboard I think. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just don't think that every comment is racist or sexist. As a minority myself, it depends on who is making the comments and what context the comments are. Sometimes stuff is just shady and sometimes it is racist and sometimes it is just rude and sometimes it is nothing. When I read the Yahoo article about the Variety article, I didn't detect any racist attitudes nor any shade either. I saw Rosie on the Wendy Williams show and she was saying how hard the gig for the View was. So, maybe that's why I didn't go to the racist card. Hey #YoSoyRosie maybe you should view that interview with Rosie on the Wendy Williams show last year and then reread the Variety article and tell me if it is racist or not? Don't be so sensitive about negative comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment