Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: TNT Network's "Public Morals"....Is a Gigantic Snooze Fest!!!

I was so excited when I learned that Ed Burns was gonna have a new series on TNT. One of my favorite Networks. Ed Burns has aged well and he is still a HOTTIE!!! (Always start with a positive. LOL) His new series "Public Morals" is a HOT ASS MESS!!! Ed portrays a plains clothes police detective and he and his partner along with most every other plains clothes officer in his squad is dirty. The only real work that they are doing is loading their wallets with "fines" taken from "johns" caught soliciting hookers, kick backs from ex-cons who try and put together card games, etc. Ed Burns wrote, produced and directed this 10 episode series. It is set in the 1960s and you would think the clothes would be banging, and you'd be wrong. hahahaha I was not blown away by the fashions in this series. I had to go make myself a cup of strong coffee just so that I could watch the entire episode. (Yawns, again.) I prefer it when the police on TV are good and descent and they are all "Captain Save-a-hos" and do gooders. When they bottom feeders and corrupt low life's, it makes it hard for me to care about them. I usually just want to see them cuffed and thrown under the nearest jail cell. The only action in this episode was when Ed's cousin, who is also a plains clothes officer, went after his father who had beaten up the mother the night before and he threatens to kill the father if he lays hands on the mother again. ( I bet you could guess what was going to happen too? That's right b4 the episode ended, someone shoots the uncle dead in the street like a dog. Yawn, so predictable, I can't stand it!) The the blonde hooker/school teacher who's john they shook down for $200.00 the day b4, calls Ed's partner because another "john" beat her ass. So, he goes to the "john's" hotel room and beats him up. (Rolls eyes...robs him and takes a necklace, also.) These cops should be rolling big time in Mercedez Benzs, BMWs and Bentleys. The only thing they seem to do consistently is rob every perpetrator they come into contact with.

I was reading a Yahoo article about Ed Burns and his new series, which is executive produced by the Great Steven Speilberg, this show should be so amazing, but it's not. None of the characters, not the cops nor the perps have any redeeming morals. They call it "Public Morals", why? There is currently too many real life bad cops so when I watch TV, I wanna see cops who are all good and descent and have super high morals and all they want to do is help people. I don't wanna see bad cops robbing perps and making illicit deals with other criminals. Did you hear about the 3 CHP officers who assisted a Criminal Defense Attorney kill a guy who kept stealing recyclables from the attorney? This is real life. So, like I said, when I watch TV, I only wanna see Andy Griffin type cops. hahahaha

The first 4 episodes are available on " on demand", so I think I will watch episode 2 this weekend and if things don't pick up, I will delete this show from my dvr recording schedule. Hey Ed, how about showing us your sexy body? I think that is the only thing that will keep me watching this series. hahahaha Sorry, Ed!!!!!!!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment