Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

Harry Connick Jr is my NEW HERO!!!

WOW! Once again, I am impressed with Harry Connick Jr. I saw a story on the news where Harry was the celebrity judge at some talent show in Australia. Well one of the "acts" was a group of white guys dressed in black faces and big old nappy ass afros and white gloves. And the lead singer of the group was painted a little lighter and dressed in a Michael Jackson type costume. Well Harry gave them ZERO points for their performance and he later said that he if he had known this was going to be one of the acts, he "...never would have signed up to do the show". I think Harry deserves a NAACP image award for being a good human! Or an Essence Award for doing the right thing. I just wish more celebrities would take a stand like this. If you see something wrong like this, I think it is your duty to speak up and let everyone know it is WRONG! So Thank YOU MR. CONNICK!!! And thank you for all of your great work you did after Katrina. I saw you on an HBO documentary, rescuing an older black man who was trapped in his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment