Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Another Product Recall Due To Listeria...Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams Recalls It's Entire Product Line!!!

Oh no! Not Again! Another company, Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream recalls it's entire product line due to listeria contamination.  I've never heard of them but okay, check your freezers people. I am sure you can get a full refund if you return it to the store where you bought it.

Also, according to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), Blue Bell's problems date all the way back to 2010. However, the 3 deaths and 10 infections happened this year. I love ice cream but now it's going to make me think twice about buying it. I have been buying this off brand at Walmart because it's only $2.08 for a half gallon. But now I think I should only buy name brand because their plants should be more modern and less likely to produce an inferior product that is contaminated. Sigh, so sad.

Anyway, getting back to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, they promise not to restart production until they find out how the contamination occurred. Hmm, excuse me, I hope you don't start production again until you have cleaned up your plant! AND found out how the contamination occurred. This is s 2 pronged fork Jeni's not a spear. Maybe you should upgrade your machines and buy new ones and toss out the old ones. Buy all new hoses too. Better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment