Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

NBC Announces that It Will Next Do LIVE Version of The Wiz...Coming This Dec!

Okay, NBC has gone bat shit cray cray and is now going to ruin the Wiz! They already ruined the Sound of Music and Peter Pan for white people and now they are going to attack one our most treasured Broadway Plays, the Wiz. Little Miss Stephanie Mills portrayed Dorothy in the original production way back in Jan 1975. She didn't win a Tony for her performance, but she should have. Her signature song, was "Home" and every night she was bringing down the house with her rendition of it. NBC has not cast their version yet or they are choosing not to release that information at this present time. I hope they find someone with as special of a voice as Stephanie had. Little Ariana Grande could portray her, but she's the wrong color. hahahaha I certainly hope they do an all black cast. But you never know these days, what's what. I remember when they cast Diana Ross as Dorothy for the movie version and I was pissed off for months, but then once the movie came out, I got over it. Because Diana did a pretty good job of being Dorothy. Even though, she was WAAAAYYYYYY tooo old to be Dorothy. Dorothy should be a 15 to 17 y r old girl, not a 29 yr old school teacher like in the movie. hahahaha Sigh, now that I think about it. This might not be such a bad idea of a production. Once it has played on TV, it will then move to Broadway for a new run.  Please please please, NBC, please pick good people for this production!!!! Whoever you pick to be the Scarecrow, better blow the hell out of the Crow Anthem, like Michael Jackson did in the movie. I love his version. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this production. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment