Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Bird Flu on the Rise in the Midwest, 20 Farms Are Infected With the H5N2 Strain Currently!

OMG! What the HELL is going on!!! 4 more farms have been confirmed as having turkeys infected with the H4N2 Bird Flu, one farm had as many as 40,000 birds on it and sadly. ALL will have to be euthanized if they don't pass from the flu. The current cases are in North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, and Minnesota so far, with a total of 1.1 million birds contained on all 20 farms! There is also one farm in southern Ontario Canada that has around 44,800 birds and has active cases of the H5N2 flu. Oh NO! Thanksgiving might be in trouble!!! Thank God I already have my turkey in my freezer. hahahaha I don't think there is time to kill the birds, clean the farms and start over with new turkeys to be ready for Thanksgiving in November. So those farms are gonna lose this year's stock of birds completely. So sad for them, so you know that means prices will go up for Turkey later this year.

Officials are trying to determine how the virus has managed to evade the strict biosecurity that's standard practice at commercial turkey farms. The virus can be carried into barns by workers or by rodents and wild birds that sneak inside. Authorities believe that migratory ducks are the culprits in infecting the Turkeys. I sure hope that they solve this issue ASAP, because I love me some Turkey and I often buy Turkey breasts through out the year when I'm craving some Turkey, and they already expensive right now. But once this stockpile doesn't go to market, and the price goes up, I wont be able to afford them any more. Damnit!!! hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment