Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Review of the Netflix Original Series, The Final Table!!!

If you like cooking shows, then this is qn excellent show that you should check out. It has 24 chefs from all over the world including a couple with 1 or more Michelin Stars.  The host of the show was the current editor at large for Bon Appetitt Magazine, Andrew Knolton.

 Watch Mexico. Episode 1 of Season 1.


They were in a large studio with 12 cooking stations and an amazing pantry. The premise of the show is that the 12 teams "visit" 9 countries and then cook the signature dish for that country and then 3 guest judges taste the dishes and pick a winner for that round and also pic 3 teams that didn't do so good. Then a renown chef from that country comes and gives them a secret ingredient and the 3 bottom teams must cook again.  And the team that cooks up another losing dish goes home. What I loved was how some of them excelled each time whiles others in my opinion shouldn't have been there from the jump.  There was this one team, this really hot looking Japanese guy with this dykeish looking Aussie chick, and they were in the bottom like 4 times before they were finally kicked off!!!

I loved it when they "visited" the USA, because they mad Thanksgiving Dinner for the signature dish!!! Who doesn't love roasted turkey and all of the trimmings!!! What shocked me is how 3 teams made some slop for Thanksgiving. One team did the "chef smear" across the plate of sweet potato puree and then had 1 broccoli floret 1 brussel sprout 1 pea 1 string bean and some rolled up turkey.
Look if you are a trained chef you should be able to cook a full turkey!!! I am not a trained chef and I can do it!!!! And my turkey is always juicy and succulent!!!! hahahaha And I have delicious roasted veggies!!! I roast them under my turkey so they have a turkey flavor to them!!!! Yum yum!!!

I wont spoil it and tell you who won, because you should watch it for yourself! But the winner   Hahahacheated in my opinion, his dish was one he cooked often at his restaurant, not an original dish like most of the other finalists. Thats, all I am gonna say on thge matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment