Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Ghetto Cooking Lessons on YouTube By SoulfulT aka Toothless Tanya! And Avon too! LOL

Oh my GAWD!!! If you want a hilarious laugh, just check out this ghetto ass woman named Tanya cooking soul food on YouTube. Her handle is SoulfulT. I have watched her make Mozzarella sticks, meat loaf, potato salad, and fried chicken. She gives improper cooking times, she doesn't measure anything and then guesses as to how much of each ingredient she has just used. And clearly, the guess is wrong. Her food in the end does look tasty, but yours will not turn out like hers if you follow her instructions. She claims she cooked her meatloaf for 2hrs at 350 degrees. I think it was more like 75 mins or maybe 1 1/2 hrs but if she had cooked it for 2 hrs it would have either been a dry ass block of wood or a burnt to a cinder wood chip. Her potato salad was really more of an egg salad with some potatoes thrown in as fillers. She used 9 boiled eggs and 8 potatoes to make her potato salad, that is WAAAYYYYY too many eggs. For 8 potatoes you only need 1 or 2 boiled eggs not 3/4 of a dozen!!! Clearly, this woman loves to eat, and in the end she does turn out delicious looking plates. As a chef myself, I know her measurements are off. Like in the end of her soul food plate of bbq meat loaf, potato salad, fresh greens and butter milk cornbread, I wanted to snatch the plate right out of her grubby fat fingers and chow down on it. I disagree with a lot of her cooking tips, like for her meat loaf, she used half of a green bell pepper and half of a red onion. When I make meat loaf, I use a can of french onion soup and I saute the bell pepper along with minced garlic about 4 or 5 individual garlic cloves or 1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic in a jar. When Mama Tanya made her "fresh greens", she simply washed and rinsed the greens , then boiled them in 2 cups of water to which she later added about 1/4 of a red onion, 5 Tablespoons of butter, 1 cap full of apple cider vinegar. She said you could add a ham hock that you cook for 2hrs prior to putting the greens in the pot or you could add a smoked turkey neck to the greens. I don't think I would like her "fresh greens". When I make fresh greens, I first cook 4 or 5 strips of bacon, reserving the drippings, then into the drippings I saute 1 yellow onion and about 5 cloves of minced garlic. To that I add 4 cups of chicken stock. Then I add the washed and rinsed greens and a half of a cup of vinegar. My pot liquor turns out very flavorful and delicious. I usually use a smoked turkey neck or wing in them and I crumble  up the bacon and toss it into the pot too. I should be doing a cooking channel. At least I would give correct cooking times and proper measurements for the ingredients. I like to eye stuff too, but if I say its about 1/2 a cup it REALLY IS about 1/2 of a cup. Tanya be saying oh that's about 2 Tablespoons when it clearly is 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup. Or 2 teaspoons when clearly it is 3 Tablespoons!!! LOL When she does her "mise en place"(French for gathering ingredients) Tanya needs to gather teaspoons, Tablespoons and tasting spoons. You can buy a box of plastic spoons for like $1.00 for 50 spoons at the Dollar Tree or 99 Cents Only Store. Sigh. Anyway, check out her channel if you want a good laugh at some good food. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment