Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

55 Year Old Belgian Inventor Invents Real Life Tricorder Like Device

This is AMAZING! In 2005 55 yr old Belgian Inventor Walter De Brouwer's young son fell out of a window and was injured very badly. Well the son spent the next year in the hospital and Walter was right there by his side watching over his son. So Walter got to thinking there should be an easier way to take a patients vitals. Because knowing what the vitals are is very important in patient care. Well, Walter didn't just think about it, he started a company and actually built a device that can take your vitals, blood pressure, temperature, heart rate, oxygen levels in your blood and it also performs an electrocardiogram. All you have to do is hold it between your thumb and forefinger and press it lightly to your forehead and in 10 seconds you get a reading on your cell phone. Yes, that's right folks there's an app for that! hahahaha In the video I saw on Yahoo news, it's so simple! The device is going to retail for $199.00 when it is released. I don't know about you, but I just LOVE this device. I know I sure do hate it when the nurse at my doctor's office shoves that thermometer under my tongue. She always hits that stretchy membrane under my tongue. Ouch! hahahaha Thanks Walter. Good Looking out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment