Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Big Brother in NYC Getting Too Bossy!!!

Mayor Bloomberg thinks that the people of NYC are not smart enough to make the correct decisions for themselves and  he has taken it up on himself to be every one's daddy/master and pass a city ordinance that bans sweetened drinks over 16 oz. But this new ordinance has many flaws. While you cannot buy a soda or a glass of orange juice over 16 oz in a sit down restaurant or fast food place, you can buy a milk shake over 16oz anywhere. Also exempt from this new ordinance are convenience stores. So like 7 11 or any other stop and rob you can buy a 32 oz big gulp. hahahaha He is doing this because obesity and diabetes are on the rise in NYC. Diabetes is on the rise all over the USA but you don't see other municipalities regulating the consumption of fried chicken and sweetened drinks! It is NOT the governments' business to dictate to me what I can and cannot drink or eat. I am a 50 yr old man, not a 15yr old boy! I am free and over 21 and I will do as I damn well please! So if I want a 32 oz big gulp at Denny's THAT is MY FUCKING BUSINESS!!! PERIOD!!!! Big Brother needs to stay out of my lunch bag! hahahaha Anyway, a lower court struck down the ordinace but the city has appealed it and so it is now b4 a new panel of judges. I sure hope they are smart enough to tell Mayor Bloomberg and the City to go sit down again!

No comments:

Post a Comment