Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Game Day Chili Is AWESOME!

If you know me, then you know I am a big foodie. And I am always trying out new recipes and improving old ones. Because I get tired of eating the same food all of the time. DUH! Right. hahahahaha Anyway, I saw this recipe for Game Day Chili on Yahoo News and I had to try it out. Well first off, I noticed that there was one important ingredient missing from the recipe, chili powder. You cant have chili without chili powder or a chili base. So I added a packet of chili mix from Walmart. I also added 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I like my chili HOT. hahahaha You can omit it if you are a wuss and cant take the heat. The recipe also calls for 2 jalapenos, again you can use less if you cant take the heat. I also added 1 tablespoon of sugar. If you have a tomato based sauce, you should always add some sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. Plus it gives your sauce a nice shiny sheen to it. I am not a big fan of black beans, so I just used 2 cans of kidney beans. Man oh man this was the BEST chili I have made all year long. I think this will be my go to chili recipe from now on. So, if you like chili, test it out for yourself and trust me, you will fall in love with it too. And as one of my favorite chefs always says, We Live, We Eat, We Love! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment