Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Is Redbox Collecting Zip Codes for Some Nefarious Reason?

I was watching my local news yesterday and I saw a strange story. Have you ever used Redbox? Well when they ask you for your zip code to verify your credit card info, they are lying. On the news segment, a guy rented a movie and when asked for his home zip code, he put in a random # that wasn't even a real zip code and the Redbox machine accepted it and gave him the movie he rented. Now some people are up in arms about this. But what can they do with just your zip code? Not a damn thing! Come on people give me a effing break! Here is my thought on why they are collecting the zip code, they want to see where you live in relation to the Redbox machine that you are using. I usually use the Redbox machines in my zip code, but sometimes I have used other machines because I was in Carmichael shopping or over near Arden Fair Mall shopping. So, all of you conspiracy theorists dial it back and go back on your meds, there is nothing nefarious going on here. hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment