Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Perry Ellis is Being Sued for Racial Discrimination!!! Are They Still in Business?


Perry Ellis Ad.
In court documents filed in Manhattan Federal Court on Tuesday and obtained by The Guardian, Joseph Cook alleges that chief operating officer and president Oscar Feldenkreis made statements such as “no blacks in my ads” or “anyone who looked too gay.” Cook, president of Original Penguin’s wholesale division, is gay himself and claims that he was “forced to endure highly offensive homophobic, racial and ethnic slurs” from Feldenkreis, the son of current chief executive officer George Feldenkreis. 
“I am deeply saddened as a gay man and someone who has always been proud of who I am no matter my color or sexual orientation that a company executive could be so intolerant of others,” Cook said in a statement released through his attorney, Douglas Wigdor.
Oscar, whose daughter also works at the company as the brand director of Original Penguin, supposedly told Cook repeatedly “my dad doesn’t like having black guys in his ads, or anyone who looks too gay.” He’s also set to take over his father’s position next year. Models’s skin color was even reportedly ranked on a coded number system based on Crayola crayons. That is just disgusting, I cannot tell you how offended I am by that statement!!! I didn't even know that Perry Ellis was still in business. hahahaha And I hope they wont be after this lawsuit reaches a conclusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment