Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Billy Joel is Completely Cray Cray! Selling Hamptons Home for GIGANTIC Overinflated Asking Price

I used to love me some Billy Joel songs back in the 80s, but now I feel like Billy has gone completely cray cray! He is trying to unload his Hampton's grenade of a house again and this time he asking a whopping $23.5 Million dollars for it. But he only paid $16.8 million for back in 2007 from Roy Schneider. And from the pics he hasn't done much with it. This is the 2nd time he has put this house on the market, the first time was back in 2009 when his marriage to Katie Lee first broke up. The house was supposedly decorated by Nate Berkus but I don't see it. Most of the walls are painted some shade of gray. Yawn! I don't like any of the light fixtures except the cone ones in the kitchen. I also don't like that the shingles on the outside of the house look brand new. When I think of a house in the Hampton's, I always picture the sun faded gray shingles on the exterior with white paint accents around the windows and banister's. So when I see brown and tan shingles I'm like WTF. This doesn't scream Hampton's to me. Now more on the price and what you get, sure you get just over a full acre of land, the house is only 5,500 sqr ft so it's not that large, but you do get 145 of private beach frontage. I think if you want top dollar for your home, then your home has to be in tip top shape and that includes decorating and non neutral paint colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment