Search This Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2013

WARNING!!! Target Point of Sale System Hacked! Your Personal Info Could Have Been Stolen!!!!

If you shopped at any Target Store between Nov 27th and Dec 15,2013, and used either a credit or a debit card to make your purchases, your personal information was stolen. This is for ALL 1,778 Target Stores. According to Security Blogger Brian Kregs, 40 Million plus debit and credit card information was stolen. Yes that includes your PIN# if you used a Debit card. So in theory that means the crooks can make a duplicate card for your debit card and go to any ATM and wilhdraw cash from your account. So please check your accounts and notify your bank or financial institution of any fraudulent transactions made after those dates. And if I were you, I would just change my bank account and debit card just to be on the safe side. I know it's a hassle, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I for see, lawsuits in the near future for Target. I always just assume that when I make a purchase at Walmart or Target or Walgreens that my debit card information and pin are secure and will not be stored and used by some crook off in South  America or some place. Well that is exactly what is happening with the information that was stolen for those 2 weeks. I rarely shop at Target, so for me, it's not a problem. But for some people, Target is there "go to" store. I just received a gift card for Target and I will ONLY be spending what is on the gift card. Not a penny more. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment