Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

American Music Awards 2013

Overall, the 2013 American Music Awards were pretty good. There were tons of amazing performances and some that sucked. The show was hosted by Pit Bull who did an outstanding job. No boring monologues and no over indulgent stupid song and dance routines by Pit bull. So for the host I'd give this production an A. And thank God that the producers didn't allow the winners to ramble on for too long. So good looking out to them too. Thanks! I really hate it when award show winners thank everyone they ever met or who ever taught them their ABCs or how to count. hahahaha But there was none of that Thank You Jesus! hahahaha

Too bad, I cant say that all of the performances were just as painless as the acceptance speeches. I know you think that I hate Myley Cyrus and you would be 100% right, but I think I am justified. I cant help it that I grew up listening to amazing singers all of my life. And so now when I see someone who purports to be a singer, I expect them to be able to sing. Myley gave a wretched performance of her "Wrecking Ball" song. With a giant animetronic kitty cat on the giant screen behind her lip syncing her song. Ewww!!! Bizzare to say the least!!! And OMG that bitch was wearing a silver bikini with french cut panties. BITCH put on some clothes, you dirty little skank!!! Myley Cyrus is NOT a singer! She is some hoochie girl that warbles off key most of the time. And dresses like a hooker. I cant even call her a performer, because most of the time she just stands there. Jlo is another very weak singer, but at least she can dance and she gives you a very credible performance with backup dancers, a dance routine and costume changes. As a matter of fact, Jlo gave a very excellent tribute performance to Celia Cruz. I was thoroughly entertained the entire time! Another amazing performance was given by Katey Perry who opened the show. She was dressed like a Japanese Geisha girl and while she sang, there were these giant screens behind her with images of Cherry Blossoms and nature. She also had a lot of back up dancers giving us a fierce routine. Rhiana sang "Diamonds in the Sky" and received this new Icon Award for being the most downloaded artist of all time with 180 million downloads, 33 million twitter followers, 80 million cds sold, and like 22 million instagram followers.So good job Rhiana, too bad you slipped up and went back with Chris Brown for a hot minute. You stupid ass bitch. hahahahaha Lady Gaga and R Kelly gave a very good performance of her song, "Do What You Want With My Body" and this one was not as sleazy as the SNL one. Thank God. And lastly, TLC gave a very good performance of "Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls" with Lil Mama standing in for the dearly departed Left Eye. Lil Mama also portrayed Left Eye in the VH1 biopic. And I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by Ariana Grande, (who? I didn't know who she was either! hahahaha) but she gave an amazing performance by singing the hell out of her song. I don't recall the name of it, but I was very impressed!!!

There were some surprise winners like Justin Timberlake for Best Soul Album, Taylor Swift for Artist of the Year, and favorite Pop/Rock Male performer Justin Timberlake. Really? So he had the BEST soul album AND the best Pop/Rock album, but it was the same album!!!  BULLSHIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment