Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

History Channel Remaking Roots!

Wow, I guess Hollywood is finally and completely OUT of original material. There is a whole barrel full of shows and movies being remade and coming down the pike to a small screen near you. hahahaha. But one of the biggest remakes in the works now is the mini series Roots which originally aired in 1977. No word on who will be starring in it, nor directing or producing. I am sure it will be amazing, the History Channel did suck an amazing job on the Hatfields and the McCoys. Levar Burton, who portrayed Kunte Kinte on the original series wants to know "Why?" hahahaha I dont blame him, the original was spectacular. I remember being glued to the TV each night as the story unfolded and just being mesmerized! I cried when he got whipped for running away and then hobbled. The cruelty was just unimaginable to me. Sigh. Anyway, I will definitely be watching it when it comes on. Thanks History Channel!

Some of the other shows in the works for a remake are Star Trek, Murder She Wrote, Remington Steele, Wonder Woman, Fame. and Charmed. There was a list of about 30 shows, so this is only a partial list. hahahaha Some of them, I'm like no way. But others I'm oh HELL YES! Like Star Trek, we have so much real  technology now that they had in the original series, like tablet computers, wireless ear phones, computer watches, tricorders etc. So this should be a much more realistic show. I just hope they pick HOT GUYS to portray Capt Kirk and Commander Spock. hahahahaha YEAH BABY!!! hahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment