Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Petsmart Has MORONS As Store Managers!

Ok this the deal. As of April 1st 2013 the CITY of Sacramento has a new sales tax, it is 8.5%. However, if you live in the County of Sacramento, your sales tax remains 8.0%. I went to the Petsmart located at 1738 Watt Ave which is located in the UNINCORPORATED area of Arden Arcade; which is SACRAMENTO COUNTY. NOT THE CITY OF Sacramento. And they charged me the new 8.5% sales tax. So I call the store and inform them of this FACT! I spoke with Michelle, so she looks up on the Board of Equalization website and parrots the info back to me about the sales tax going up to 8.5% in the CITY of Sacramento. Well that's all well and good, but her store is NOT located in the CITY of Sacramento. Her store is LOCATED in the UNINCORPORATED area known as Arden Arcade. I know it's kind of confusing, but if you are business owner or the MANAGER of a business I think you should KNOW where your store is located! I learned of this overcharging because of a Call Kurtis investigation on Channel 13 News. Walmart and Sam's Club were overcharging patrons too, but when the Call Kurtis Team notified them, they changed the sales tax back to the correct 8.0%. I just want to be fair pay ONLY the tax that I owe. I don't want to pay one cent more than I owe. PERIOD! So this chick Michelle was dismissive to me and she was acting like I was trying to scam her. So I called the Board of Equalization and talked to a customer service clerk there and he gave me a local website Geotax.com that you can input the address of the business and the dollar amount of the purchase and they will calculate the tax. So I did that and it also proved that this Petsmart location is in the UNINCORPORATED area of Arden Arcade and NOT Sacramento CITY proper. That's why I think the voters of Sacramento should have allowed the Arden Arcade area to incorporate a couple of years when we had that ballot measure. Then the city would be listed as Arden Arcade and not Sacramento. Dumb is as dumb does. hahahaha It's all good though, I have filed a complaint with Board of Equalization against Petsmart. It's not like it's a lot of money but it's the principle of the matter. I also emailed Channel 13 News and the producer of that segment called me: Adeline. She was very nice and very grateful to have my information about Petsmart. They are planning on updating the story tonite for the 10pm news. I will be watching! hahahaha OH! So if you live and work in the Arden Arcade area of Sacramento please check your receipts! And if the you get charged 8.5% let the store know they are overcharging you!

No comments:

Post a Comment