Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

5 time Olympic Swimmer Ian Thorpe Comes Out of the Closet And Announces He is a Friend of Dorothy!

I knew it! hahaha Five time Olympic Gold Medalist and Australian Swimmer Ian Thorpe admits he is a friend of Dorothy's in announcing that he is Gay in an Interview scheduled to be shown on the famous Channel Ten in Australia on Sunday. Media reports say that Ian has been struggling with coming out for a long time and used to deny his sexuality many times in the past against the plethora of rumors that he was gay. Ian welcome to freedom!!! Your life is gonna be so much better now. Coming out is a personal journey that all gays must go through. I did it when I was 18 and got good and bad responses from my family. My dad and my brother were fine with it and told me that they knew and loved me anyway. My mom was pissed and told me that I was possessed by a demon. (rolls eyes). So we didn't speak for at least 5 or 6 years after that. It wasn't until I was in my 30s that she started to accept it. And by the time I was in my 40s she was fine with it. So some people might need time in Ians' life to accept it. However, I am sure that there will be others who be more than Okay with it right now. This is not the 1950s and there are so many Open gays in the world now. We have openly gay football players, basket ball players and etc so times they are a changing!!! for the good!!!! Good for you Ian Thorpe. Congratulations!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment