Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

American Idol's 19 Recordings Sues Sony Music for $10 Million in Underreported Sales

This is so shocking! It just goes to prove once again how cutthroat the music industry is!!! 19 Recordings which was founded by American Idol creator Simon Fuller, has filed a multimillion dollar lawsuit in Federal Court of NY against Sony Music for all kinds of thievery! There are multiple allegations against Sony involving many alum from American Idol, including Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson and etc. Some of the top charges have to do with streaming music downloads on Apple, Amazon and Google. 19 claims that Sony is paying less royalties to the artist by counting streaming downloads as "sales" or "distributions" rather than "broadcasts" or "transmissions". Broadcasts or transmissions get a 50 % royalty share rather than a fraction of that for sales/distributions. "And by doing so, Sony has breached the Recordings Agreements." 19 also claims that Sony has improperly deducted money for advertising and foreign sales taxes. There are more charges that I wont get into, Google search the article if you want more details, Sony is too big of a company to be doing this kind of underhanded stealing. How many billions does it need to feel like it is the #1 company in the world? Sony's greed is just ginormous!!! That's right, I believe 19! I know they haven't won the suit yet, but I think they will because I believe they are telling the truth. hahahaha They wouldn't have filed the suit if they didn't think they were right! Good Job 19, stand up for your artists! Now, I'm mad at Sony again for this! I was previously mad at them because they stopped making software patches for my PDA. When I bought a new computer which was running Windows XP, I couldn't sync up my PDA. Pissed me off!!!! So I emailed them and you know what they told me? Buy a new PDA because they weren't going to make updates to every new version of Windows! Is that messed up or what?!!!!!!! Sigh! I had to get over it though, because Sony does make the BEST products. hahahaha I have a Sony VHS player that is at least 25 yrs old and still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment