Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Long John Silver's Big Catch is America's WORST Meal!

This is so funny. I love Long John Silver's fish! However, I doubt that I will try the Big Catch. According to Center for Science in the Public Interest or CSPI the big catch is the worst restaurant meal in America. For the following reasons, it contains 33 grams of trans fat, plus an addition 19 grams of saturated fat, and nearly 3,700 grams of sodium; with total 1, 320 calories. This meal has more calories than a Big Mac, fries and a milk shake from Mc Donalds. Ouch! That's a lot!!! And what's worst is Long John Silver is lying about the amount of fish you get in the big catch. LJS claims you are getting a 7 to 8 ounce piece of 100% haddock caught in the waters of the North Atlantic. Well according to CSPI, you are only getting about 60% haddock and 40% batter and grease. Ewww! I love the batter, but give me more fish please! hahahaha I think the ratio of batter to fish should be no less than 75% fish and 25 % batter. I think I will stick with my favorite fish and chips place over on Cottage Way and Fulton Ave. I don't remember the name of it, but they have the BEST fish and Chips EVER! And their fish is like 90 to 95 % fish and the rest is batter. Their fish is always flaky and delicious! If you are ever in Sacramento, check them out! You wont be sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment