Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New York State Appeals Court Upholds Lower Court Ban on Sugary Drink Ban Law

Yeah, I am so happy about this decision! New York State Appeals Court has upheld the lower courts ruling on that STUPID law on sugary drinks that Mayor Bloomberg came up with. And in its decision it stated that the Mayor "overstepped his authority in trying to impose the ban". Bloomberg claims the ban is needed to stop diabetes and obesity in the state of New York. I say he was trying to create a "mommy state". As a grown man, NO ONE can tell me what to eat or drink. That's part of being an adult that I get to make ALL of those decisions unfettered! Be they good or bad for me. It is MY BODY and therefore MY DECISION. PERIOD!!! Another thing that pissed me off about this sugary drink ban was that there all kinds of exceptions.For example, if the drink was milk based like a milk shake or a Starbuck's Frappucino it was exempt. That is just stupid! If you are going to ban sugary drinks then ban ALL of them! Especially milk shakes, they have an even higher sugar content than a 32 oz soda. Thank God this is Bloomberg's last term as Mayor! He's reached his term limit finally! hahahaha I say good riddance!

No comments:

Post a Comment