Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

OMG DannonYogurt Uses INSECTS to Dye It's Yogurt RED!

Okay this is HELL of shocking! and DISGUSTING! Do you like Strawberry yogurt by Dannon? Or do you like the Strawberry Frappacinos at Starbucks? Well if you'd ever had one then you have eaten bugs without your knowledge. Dannon and other food companies use Carmine aka Cochineal bugs to dye the yogurt pink. Apparently this is a very common practice in the food industry. Well I am shocked and PISSED off! I used to love the Strawberry Frappacinos at Starbucks. And apparently when this story first broke, Starbucks claimed that they would stop using the Carmine in the drink. Personally, I don't understand why they cant use strawberry to dye the drink or yogurt pink? I know every time I use strawberries to make a daiquiri, I get a very strong red color and there is NO carmine in it! I think using the Carmine and not telling anyone what it is WRONG! and Misleading! and UNDERHANDED! I think as a consumer, I have a RIGHT to know if I am consuming bugs in your product so that I can make an informed decision as to whether or not I want to eat bugs!!! Because 10 out of 10 times I guarantee you that I DO NOT WANT TO EAT BUGS GODDAMNIT!!! Now I am going to be searching labels for Carmine!

No comments:

Post a Comment