Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

FDA Finally Names Manufacturer of Contaminated Bag Salad

Yeah I am so happy that the FDA named the culprit in the bag salad fiasco! It's Taylor Farms de Mexico the Mexican branch of Salinas based Taylor Farms. The facility is located 180 miles north of Mexico City. I should have known it was Mexico's fault! hahahaha Not only does this company provide bag salad to retail outlets but it also provided salad mix to Olive Garden and Red Lobster restaurants in Iowa and Nebraska. Well now that I know, I can check my bag salads that I have in my fridge to make sure it is not provided by the Taylor Farms either in Mexico or here in the USA. I don't want to take any chances. The FDA states that the bag salad only has a shelf life of 14 days so none of the infected product should still be in retail outlets or restaurants. But that's not true, the bag salad does not go bad every time on the expiration date listed on the package. So I know that if I have bag salad with an expiration date of June 29th and it's now July 8th if the salad still looks good, I'm going to eat it. So I think the FDA should stop assuming it's all out of circulation now. It could be in some one's fridge now. So check your bags people!

No comments:

Post a Comment