Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hacked Baby Monitor Follows Parents As They Enter Daughter's Room

This is really shocking and absolutely just disgusting! But one night Marc and Lauren Gilbert were shocked when they heard voices coming from their 2yr daughter's room. So they go and investigate and terrified when they learn the voice is coming from the baby cam. And absolutely HORRIFIED when the cam follows their every move in the room. Then the voice starts in on calling them by name and calling the profanities. The unseen hacker also called their daughter by name and made sexual advances towards her. So Marc quickly  disconnects the camera. Apparently their camera had an Internet connection which allowed them to view the feed from anywhere, but was hacked by some pervert. According to a web security expert, if you have a baby monitor that is hooked up to a web connection, you need to make that connection secure. Do not hook it directly to the Internet, but use WIFI put it on the WPA2 setting. And make sure your password is long and difficult. Marc says he will never use that monitor/camera again. Luckily for them they didn't have their daughter's Cochlear Implants in and so she was not disturbed by the mean hacker's words. I absolutely hate hackers, I once visited a website that uploaded a virus onto my computer, so that every time I surfed to a website, it would pop up windows on that topic. I couldn't find a cure for it, so I had to format my C drive to get rid of it. So when it comes to hackers, I wanna bring the hammer down on them. And this guy in particular needs to do some serious time! Just imagine how terrifying this would have been had the girl not been deaf or had she been wearing her implants. She would have been scarred for life, I think. Only a monster could think that was ok to do. I sure hope cyber crimes can find this asshole!

No comments:

Post a Comment