Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

Guess How Much the Wedding Cake Cost for Prince William and Princess Kate?

Are you sitting down? I just read an article about celebrity wedding cakes and I nearly fell off my chair when I read how much the wedding cake for Prince William and Princess Kate costed back April of 2011. $80,000.00 USD! It was only 8 tiers not 800 or 8,000! And the cake itself was a traditional British fruit cake, EWWWWW! Covered in white frosting and hundreds of white sugar flowers. It looked really pretty, but I HATE fruit cake. I have never had a fruit cake that tasted good. They either taste like plastic wrap or like old shoe leather. hahahahaha Anyway, I know that Prince William is not hurting for money by any stretch of the imagination. But $80,000.00 for a cake, Really?  Do you know how many people the Atlanta Food Bank can feed on $80,000.00 dollars? 640,000! They can feed 8 people on just $1.00! I bet his mother, Princess Diana is turning over in her grave at the ridiculous price of that cake! What a waste! I mean come on now, $10,000.00 per tier! the last 2 tiers are very tiny! More like the size of a personal size cake at Walmart which retails for like $6.00! hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment